84% Choose Stores By Discounts
According to the findings, more than two-thirds of shoppers will buy a product only if they have a coupon for it. This makes that product an added item. Almost nine in 10 (86%) make purchases based on in-store discounts, such as through circulars or mobile notifications.
Other results of the study show:
- 86% of the shoppers surveyed said coupons have influenced them to try a new product.
- 84% shoppers say coupons influence their store choices.
- 77% decide which store to shop based on where they can use paper coupons
- 67% decide which store to shop based on where they can use paperless discounts, such as those downloaded to their loyalty cards.
- 75% of those surveyed print coupons from the internet.